This article contains many short questions and answers based on available research and the author’s observations as an experienced “surgical” prosthodontist.
- Gain an understanding of the importance of dental implants, what types are being placed, and who amongst dental professionals is most involved in placing implants.
- Know the principles that guide the clinician when connecting natural teeth to implants.
- Learn which location in the mouth is usually best when first beginning to place implants.
- Identify the advantages of fixed vs removable prostheses for edentulous patients.
- Learn the principles that help to ensure success when connecting natural teeth to implants.